WIP: Print O’ The Wave Stole

So here’s an update on the stole by Eunny Jang. In my last post I was having a problem with my swatch looking more like Swiss cheese than like lace knitting… I was missing the nice contrast between a space and a negative space. I think I’ve been able to solve the problem a little bit. It’s all in the blocking I guess.. I’ve heard it before but I guess you have to really see it before it really sinks in how important blocking can be ๐Ÿ™‚

So I gave it another shot, first following the pattern with the 4x repeat only to find out that I might like it a bit bigger. I also did little calculating and realized that I can add about 50% to the total size.. Ofcourse this is just a rough calculation and it all depends on how regular my knitting is so in the end I guess I’ll find out if I’ve done something smart or something stupid ๐Ÿ˜€

print o the wave WIP

Here you can see why I was panicking a bit. The piece above doesn’t look like lace to me at all… I’m a total beginner when it comes to knitting lace and when I see something like that.. it just makes me think I’m doing something wrong.

prot o the wave WIP

But when I take a picture of the wip and the swatch together I’m okay with the results I guess. The swatch was knitted very looseley mainly because I was too scared to put a lot of strain on the 1.5mm needles… But now the wip is knitted rather tightly so I think the K’s and the YO’s will look a lot nicer now once it’s done blocking.

One thought on “WIP: Print O’ The Wave Stole

Leave a Reply