FO: Onerva 2.0

And finally.. its DONE! After one failed attempt I realised this pattern would not leave me alone. The second attempt, because of the better yarn choice, was a much better succes and I’m very pleased with the way it turned out.
I was so excited when it was done I actually took it off the blocking board too soon…. -_- It was quite stupid but hey.. I really really really wanted to see how it looked on me haha πŸ˜›

So after taking it off the board I had to put it back (since it was still damp) and this turned out to be quite dificult because I had removed the waste yarn on the sides. Because of this, the shawl had schalloped sides and it was.. well. ugly πŸ˜›

so yesterday I washed it again, and sewed some wasteyarn in the sides to hold it tight and then blocked it tightly on a small matrass covered in (here it comes..) shower curtain. The result is MUCH better and even the few OOPSIES I had are almost invisible! So again.. w000ttt πŸ˜€


The process of reblocking


and now it lies flat πŸ˜€


This image shows Onerva 2.0 before blocking. I did a total of 8 repeats of the pattern and stopped right before the 9th repeat. I finished it off with 3 rows of garter stitch (with 3 ribs on the RS).
Before blocking the knit fit easily on my kitchen table which is.. well big. After blocking it just became huge.. I think it grew 30-40cms during blocking. I was just amazed because I was affraid that it would be too small lol.

Anyway, here’s a bunch of pictures πŸ˜€

Leave a Reply