Today we’re having a party and it’s not because it’s like 20 degrees (celcius) and all sunny in Holland, but because my preeeetty pretty legwarmers have been upgraded from wip to FO! total w00tness!
(and yea..the part about the sunny weather kinda sucks in this case doesn’t it.. I mean seriously.. who knits legwarmers when its sunny and HOT outside?.. yea me.. well.. the weather here is known to shift from hot sub-tropical to icy cold, rainy in one day… so… yea.. I’m anticipating ^___^)
Anyhoo.. I’m very proud of this project because it’s the first time I actually knitted cables so and it went well. It’s actually a little weird because up until this project I used to dislike cables a lot. I can’t really explain why because the reason is so incredibly stupid I’m actually ashamed of myself, but there’s something I really don’t like about ‘standard’ knitting. I think it’s a little something of my teenage rebellion against everything my mom liked.. including cabled knits… -_-‘
It’s strange but this project not only cured me.. it made me fall in love with the pretty pretty cables.. I want to make more cabled knits! 😀
Here it is.. spotted it yet? Yea.. I fudged up the pattern.. I knit while I watch tv or read books (for the uni), so my knitting is actually some secondary thing I do.. and obviously sometimes it doesn’t go as well as planned..
So I found a way to make sure I don’t mess up the pattern and the way I do it is when the same pattern repeats I check the knitted pattern instead of the chart, this way I make sure to knit the same pattern instead of accidentally reading the chart the wrong way and messing up my pattern inthe middle of a good book and finding out when I’m done with either the book or the knit…
this method is not foolproof… it actually sucks.. as you can see there’s been a little oopsie with the left legwarmer and I found out when I was done with the cast-off… (smart…). So what went wrong..?!
It’s simple…. the entire pattern is wrong.. except the one I thought I had messed up. The right legwarmer has these O’s going on.. but the O’s should’ve looked like the middle -xXx- on the left legwarmer.. see I thought that was the accident but when I rechecked the pattern I realized the messed up part was actually the moment I had checked the pattern again to see if I was doing it right… and then ‘messed’ up by doing it right while I had been doing it wrong the entire time…… *bangs head against the wall*
by the time I was done realizing my error (because it really took me a while to get there haha) I was way too bummed to start over again.. so I left it. We learn from our mistakes and it doesn’t look that bad so I can live with it.. most people here are tall anyway, so they’re probably not going to notice *crosses fingers*
Anyway, you might remember me saying in the other mosey post about me forgetting to swatch and block.. yea.. i’m still afraid to do it.. I think I’ll make a swatch and see how much it grows after blocking.. if it grows weird I’m not blocking this piece