Finishitis in progress..

I’m having it! Every once in a while I’ll have a huge bout of finishitis. It’s rather rare, but when it comes, it cleans house (w00!!). Unfortunately it’s a bit of a rarity compared to how many times a yearย month startitis comes along, but oh well..

Enter my sons Pikachu sweater. I’m a bit rusty when it comes to intarsia and to be honest I made a few mistakes here and there, but it’s nothing a bit of blocking and a bit of editing won’t fix. Somewhere in the tail section with the four different colours I automatically started doing stranded knitting, defeating the whole purpose of the intarsia knitting. So it got a bit messed up and I only noticed 10 rows after the fact *facepalm*.

I fixed the error, but it now looks a bit jumbled and, well, not as pretty ๐Ÿ˜› But that too will block out, so I’m not worried.

Because intarsia always reminds me of my old sweaters (the ones my mom used to knit me), I felt like it should be done with straight needles for the complete oldschool feeling. I also feel I should’ve selected a better vintage filter for this picture, but oh well.

As you can see I ditched my straight needles for circulars after a while. I guess I’ll never be a straight needle using kind of girl, and that’s ok too. At least I tried amirite?

As for the pattern..? Well, there is none. I cast on 104 and it turned out to be huge, but I wanted a nice, detailed pikachu and not just a pixelled mess so I went with the more detailed graph (and boy have I got some ends to weave in). I’m going to fold this thing double and make a buttonband on the side I think ๐Ÿ™‚

While working on kid stuff I felt I needed to make something for myself. Enter the Dwell Sweater! I’m making this with Scheepjes Silvi and holy crap it’s comfortable and WARM! It’s a super oversized cardigan, one you could live in all fall/ winter. I unfortunately misread the instructions and made a MEDIUM. (like, not the first size, but the middle size, and its H.U.G.E). So far I used 10 balls of 100 grams and I still have to work the sleeves.
I chose to do the sleeves in light gray because I started to look like a cloud. A lightcolored blob floating around and I felt it needed a bit more color. The original is made with different colors of gray yarn so it’s not as puffy and cloudlike as mine. I’m working on the first sleeve and I’ve been HOT every day I worked on it.

I have to say, when the evenings get darker and colder, a baby in a wrap and this warm beast on your lap will keep the cold at bay for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, my brain is already thinking of other projects to start, but I’m going to finshi these first. I have to fill the 2017 FO list!

Leave a Reply